Terraced family garden
This difficult sloping lawn was designed into terraces creating four main areas to the garden. Each area offers a unique experience and the whole outdoor space is ideal for entertaining, relaxing, playing or enjoying the views that have since been achieved through this carefully planned design.
Bespoke garden features include:
- Wendy house on raised deck area with den like space beneath
- Connecting bridge from wendy house up to the morning terrace.
- Stepping stone water feature (suitable for children ages 3+)
- Sound frame (steps and pergola lined with gentle sounding instruments including bamboo wind chimes, gong and small steel xylophone)
- Personalised image on canvas wall paper
- Cedar summer house with retracting doors to create covered deck area
- Cedar wood for decking, fencing, bridge walk and summer house
- Sawn finish natural sandstone
- Black painted rendered walls
- Artificial lawn
Key Plants Used:
Sun Loving plants:
- Grasses, Verbena bonariensis, Grasses, Box balls, Liastris, Sambucca nigra, Phormium black variety, Agapanthus, Echinacea, Asters, Eupatorium, Solanum crispum
Shade loving plants:
- Tree fern and Ferns, Hellebores, Silver birch tree, Grasses, Trailing plants - Muhlenbeckia complexa, Vinca major,Aquilegas
- Griselinia littoralis, Ceanothus, Heuchera, Lavender
Need more info?
This is a small garden and was not nice to look at. It has now been transformed to a fantastic family garden with some amazing garden features and ideas of which we all enjoy in our own way.